NBA

3 3ER IN FOLGE NACH LUKA ASSISTS
SHUT IT DOWN
LET’S GO HOME

Gute Sache, wenn man bedenkt, was am Mittwoch blüht^^

Trae 56/14 und die Hawks verlieren gegen die Loser-Blazers :D

Jordan Poole mit soliden 32 Punkten (70.6%) gegen Miami. Bei seiner Entwicklung sieht man deutlich, dass GSW eine sehr gute Talentschmiede ist.

Rückkehr Thompson schon am WE?

Nachdem Klay Thompson die vergangenen beiden Saisons verletzungsbedingt komplett verpasst hat, könnte der Warriors-Star offenbar am kommenden Wochenende sein Comeback feiern. Möglicherweise kehrt Thompson am Sonntag gegen die Cavaliers nach langer Leidenszeit aufs Parkett zurück.

Sieht auf jeden Fall schon solide in seinem Wurf aus

Irving könnte dagegen schon in der Nacht auf Donnerstag gegen die Pacers spielen.

LBJ die letzten Games on fire

kommt ja auch langsam in seine prime xd

https://streamable.com/48n1iw

Was eine Frechheit der Refs…
So kann man auch ein Spiel beeinflussen.

1 Like

War aber eigentlich schon eher durch. Klar, eine Frechheit der Refs, aber das Ergebnis hat es imo nicht beeinflusst.

holy moly ist das schlecht. Dass die Uhr nicht resettet wird, gut geschenkt, aber jump-ball?!?!?

Also bei 5 Punkten ist das zwar unwahrscheinlich, aber alles andere als „klar durch“. Kings hatten ja noch ein Time-Out

Schneller 3er
Lakers verwerfen 1 FT

Und dann haben die Kings noch vllt. 10 Sekunden und Einwurf in der Lakers-Hälfte, um nen 3er zur OT zu verwandeln. (Sah nicht so aus, als ob sie ihr letztes TO nach dem FT nehmen wollten)

Technisch gesehen haben die Refs mit dem Jumpball sogar alles richtig gemacht. Dumme Regel einfach.

Jup, die Refs können wirklich leider nichts für diese dumme Regel… Frage mich nur, was passieren würde, wenn sie diese nicht befolgen würden in solch einem Fall. Ein Spiel Sperre oder Geldstrafe von der NBA?

After 34 games, Toronto Raptors are a perfect .500 team
17-17 win loss record
10-10 at home
7-7 on the road
11-11 against the East
6-6 against the West
5-5 in the division

Ja, klar, das gibts. Aber eher selten, gerade bei den Kings.

/e - Heute das erste Spiel von Kyrie in dieser Saison

Eben schon über ne Stunde Dirk-Storys im MMB-Pod gehört. Oh boy, dass wird wieder Tränen geben nachher :sob:

Da Paywall, reddit sei dank:

Zusammenfassung

To Dirk Nowitzki, everyone was a burger. If you were a rookie whose name he didn’t yet know: “What’s up, burger?” An opponent going off: “This burger is unbelievable!” His teammates after a loss: “See, you burgers didn’t show up today.”

On the practice court, Nowitzki constantly trumpeted with exaggerated braggadocio. “Wet, wet, wet,” he narrated to anyone listening while shooting jumpers. When assistant coaches called opening plays for him, Nowitzki announced, “This guy knows basketball!”

One night in Miami, Dan Dickau shared a taxi with Nowitzki on the way to dinner. Nowitzki claimed the back seat, and when Dickau closed the door, Nowitzki tapped his shoulder. “Open the door,” he told Dickau. Confused, Dickau asked why. “Open the door,” Nowitzki said more urgently. Dickau realized in an instant: He had closed the door on Nowitzki’s fingers.

“My career flashed in front of my eyes real quick,” Dickau says. “It was pretty dang smashed, but it didn’t break any fingers, luckily.”

The next morning, Dickau hopped on an elevator that was crowded with teammates and his coach, Don Nelson, who glanced at him with an amused expression. “Ah, man, did you hear about Dickau last night?” Nelson announced to the elevator. “Yeah, the guy smashed Dirk’s hand in the car so there was nothing we could do but cut him.” Dickau would have believed him if not for the earlier look.

In any case, the mangled fingers didn’t slow down Nowitzki: He scored 41 that night.

Sometimes, Nowitzki got into trouble repeating phrases on the court without understanding them. “It was like when your kid first says something,” Lewis says. “Where did you get this from?” More often, it was just amusing to hear a tall, shy kid with a thick German accent repeat lyrics about, say, dealing drugs on the streets of New York.

Just like family does, they stuck up for Nowitzki just as quickly as they teased him. Early in his career, journalists would speak loudly to Nowitzki or ask if he knew English. “Why are these Americans always yelling,” Nowitzki once asked Wilson. The next time it happened, Wilson yelled back, to Nowitzki’s amusement.

“Dude, he ain’t deaf,” Wilson told them. “Just talk normally.”

When Nick Van Exel arrived at his hotel room after being traded to Dallas in 2002, he noticed the phone’s answering machine was blinking. “I don’t have a clue who the hell it is,” he says. “So I said, ‘Fuck it, let me listen to it.’” Nowitzki had recorded him a message: playing his guitar, singing and welcoming Van Exel to the team.

“I thought that was special because he’s the superstar of the team,” Van Exel says. “That’s just the way he was, though.”

Later in his career, Nowitzki began telling opponents how to guard him. “He would tell you, ‘You should’ve taken this angle. You would’ve prevented me from getting to the ball,’” says Thaddeus Young, recalling one such lesson. In other instances, Nowitzki would tell his defenders, “Stay down,” right before a fake shot.

“It was almost psychological,” Terry says. “It’s almost like Larry Bird. He’s telling you what he’s going to do before he does it, and then he still does it.”

Here’s one you haven’t. When the Mavericks returned to Dallas, they celebrated again. Terry invited his brother and his father, whom Nowitzki had nicknamed Mac Daddy, and a night out at The Loon eventually ended at Nowitzki’s house. Terry left late that evening, and Nowitzki called him the next morning.

“Yo, son,” Nowitzki said. “You got to get your pops, son. Your pops is still here by my pool.”

“What are you talking about?” Terry replied. “He came back with us!”

“No, I’m telling you, man,” Nowitzki said. “The Mac Daddy is out.”

Terry nearly fell down laughing.

In the summer of 2017, Nowitzki participated in the NBA Africa Game and left impressions of his genuine nature on everyone involved. “I was blown away by how humble he was, and how present he was,” veteran coach Mike Malone says. “We’re at an orphanage, and it’s just (him) being a regular guy.” Another coach in attendance was Erik Spoelstra, who had faced Nowitzki in multiple Finals but never before spent extended time with him in a relaxed setting.

During one of the receptions, after drinks had loosened them up, Spoelstra approached Nowitzki and told him, “It’s taken me a long time to get over (the 2011 Finals).” They laughed about their shared past.

Then again, what else would you expect from someone who spent much of his career wearing the same jeans, driving an SUV gifted to him during a promotional event? Who nervously blew his lips for years before answering interview questions? Who carried a backpack and toothbrush around his first All-Star weekend, pranked into thinking it was tradition for newbies to be ready for an unexpected trip? Who still returns to the Mavericks’ offices to sign and respond to mail sent to him, as he always did?

Goat einfach.

Gänsehaut pur! Zwar schon direkt von seinem Retirement, aber heute auch nochmal auf Twitter entdeckt.

Weiß noch wie ich und High auf rm gefeiert haben, als er die Lakers im ersten Viertel schon komplett demoliert hat :smiley:

2 Like

Spiel interessiert heute ausnahmsweise mal nicht, da sie wohl selbst mit einer guten Leistung aus der Halle geschossen werden. Mal schauen, was sich Cuban noch so hat einfallen lassen. Latte liegt hoch nach dem Retirement.

Die Warriors haben vor ner Woche gegen die Zombie-Nuggets verloren ;D Bisschen Glück vorne wie hinten und die Mavs können die heute auch schlagen, auch wenns unwahrscheinlich wird.

Vor allem wenn die Rollenspieler so eskalieren wie gegen Miami.